What's CLIL? What do you need to know about CLIL?
A CLIL is an educative situation in which a language is used to teach a subject.
- Teachers are NOT native speakers.
- There is no a single model for CLIL.
- CLIL is flexible.
- The content is the starting point of the planning proccess.
The 4Cs curriculum
There are four guiding principles upon which a CLIL programme can be built.
- Content: Is the subject or the project theme.
- Communication: Language is the conduit for communication and for learning. Interaction, using language to learn.
- Cognition: Engage learners in higher older thinking skills, in order to develop and effective CLIL.
- Culture: Self and others awareness/citizenship.