Our slogan!


Saturday, December 22, 2012

WRITING CORRECTION CODES

Hello again, In class we have seen different writing correction codes.
Look at the following board:


SYMBOL
KIND OF ERROR
EXAMPLE
CORRECT SENTENCE
Sp
Spelling mistake
My freind is here.
         
My friend is here.
W.O
Word order
I like very much music.                
I like music very much.
Gr
Grammar
You’re gooder than me at maths.

She talked to he in the pub.           

You’re better than me at maths.

She talked to him in the pub.
A
Article ( a, the)
I like the cheese.
           A
I like cheese.
Prep
Preposition
Don’t laugh of me.
                    Prep.
Don’t laugh at me.
L.W
Linking Word
There was no bus, although she walked home.
There was no bus, so she walked home.
W.F
Word form
She Works slow.
                   
The exercise is
bored.


She Works slowly.

The exercise is boring.
T
Wrong tense
Last week I’ve been to Madrid.
Last week I was to Madrid.
( )
Word not needed. Delete
I’m going (to) shopping.
I’m going shopping.
P
Wrong punctuation
She said yes thank you.
She said: “Yes, thank you”.
!!!
Very serious mistake
I is angry.

I have 21 years old.
I am angry.

I’m 21 years old.

[     ]
s    s
Sentence is too long.


-----}
-----}
Alternative word or expression
I go {home
        to my house} after school.
Both sentences are correct.
M Missing word As our plane flew over the mountains __ saw snow.
RW Try re-writing Our vehicle flies, we snow find, over mountains you saw it.



No comments:

Post a Comment