What is TPR?
TPR is a method of teaching language using physical movement to react to verbal input in order to reduce student inhibitions and lower their affective filter.
- Total Physical Response(TPR) is due to James Asher.
- TPR is an example of Comprehension Approach.
- The emphasis is given to listening comprehension.
- Children listen and respond with actions.
- Speaking is a natural product of listening.
- Game like movements reduce stress.
- Language chunks are practice rather than single items.
- No grammar explanation is given.
- Listen before speaking.
You can watch this video to learn more about TPR.
Now, we attach a scheme about Language teaching TPR Principles: